Styled Engagement Shoot By Jasmin Chadwick
Today we feature a lovely engagement shoot photographed by Jasmin Chadwick.
I (Jasmin Chadwick) loved this photoshoot, it provided an opportunity to really show off the work of several incredibly talented suppliers. Our theme was ‘summer fun’, although it turned out to be a typically British summer of torrential rain!
I was really impressed with everybody’s enthusiasm to be involved. The suppliers ranged from wedding wear and accessories to decorative sweetie trees, and even a vintage ice cream bike.
We hosted the photoshoot at Holdsworth House, an absolute gem of a venue hidden just a couple of minutes outside of Halifax; their beautiful grounds, including an oversized aviary and a mini maze garden was the perfect romantic setting.
Everyone really pulled together to make the day truly fantastic, from the make-up artist using her umbrella to shelter my camera from the downpour, to the wonderful staff at Holdsworth House warming us up with a nice hot chocolate and plenty of tea. We had a lot of laughs as our wonderful models struck their poses (including Tudor scooping Katie up and carrying her, much to her surprise).
With everybody chipping in we managed to pull it back from the brink of disaster, and celebrated with an ice cream for Scoops of Delight. These went down so well there was nearly nothing left for the photos!
This experience has really shown me that there are some incredibly talented and dedicated suppliers out there, and people who understand how important it is to go that extra mile. When it comes to a wedding day I’d be pleased to work with (or hire!) any of them.
- Thank you to Tracey from ‘The Secret Wardrobe’ a Brighouse based boutique, who provided the dresses.
- Thank you to Sonia at ‘Gioia Mia Jewellery and Accessories’ www.gioiamia.net, for creating such beautiful jewellery designs!
- Thank you to ‘The Wedding Angels’ who provide those delicious sweetie trees! They also do beautiful stationary http://theweddingangels.co.uk/
- Thank you to Holdsworth House, Halifax. For letting us use their beautiful grounds. Especially thanks to Claire! http://www.holdsworthhouse.co.uk/
- Thank you to Adam at ‘Scoops of Delight’ for showing us how delicious his ice cream is (no matter the weather!) http://www.scoopsofdelight.co.uk/
- Thank you Sophie, our incredible MUA. ‘Sophie Mitchell Artistic Makeup by Design’
- And finally a huge thank you to our models, Tudor and Katie. Who were fantastic!
To see the behind the scenes of this photo shoot, look here: