This week we catch up and chat with Martin Dabek, a UK wide & Destination wedding photographer.
I have been photographing weddings since 2009. My first wedding happened to be a destination wedding in Mexico for friends of mine. The Mexican wedding was so much fun that I decided to start my career as Bristol wedding photographer.
Discovering new location, getting to know couples and their guests and creating something timeless for them.
My favourite part is time just after the Sunset, when I can create some low-light creative shots.
I would describe myself as reportage wedding photographer with artistic/creative twist. I would say 90% of my photography documents my couple story and the other 10% would be creative portraiture during the day and evening.
There are few photographers that inspired me a lot when i was staring up and they still do actually: Jerry Ghionis, Chrisman Studios.
Check his sample albums and his blog … also don’t listen to your mum 🙂
Relax and let the day flow. You can’t control everything, so just let go and enjoy every minute as the day goes very quickly.
I would love to photograph some crazy gypsy wedding in Transylvania. I think it would be total madness! I wouldn’t mind Ice hotel wedding in Lapland too.
I guess receiving thank you emails and thank you cards from my couples.