The first wedding I photographed was back in 2010, it was for a friend that I went to school with. He had seen some of my portraits and wanted to give me the chance at weddings.
Weddings are crazy events and I get to see the best in people at their happiest. When the formula beautifully comes together the creative results are profound.
My favourite part of the day changes from wedding to wedding, but I always particularly enjoy the ceremony.
I would describe myself primarily as a documentary wedding photographer but with a creative twist. As much as 95% of my photography documents my couple’s story with the other 5% reserved for creative portraiture and other crazy ideas.
My work is largely inspired by photojournalism, film and music, but inspiration can come at any time and in many forms.
Find a photographer that speaks to you through their images.
If you relax and let the day flow naturally this will reflect in your photos. Don’t worry about what has happened and what might happen, be in the moment and enjoy every moment of the day.
My dream destination is at the Amalfi Coast in Italy, and during 2016 my wish will come true.
The best moment I’ve had as a wedding photographer was documenting a couple who arrived by helicopter. As I sat in the front next to the pilot I remember thinking how lucky I was to have a career that was also my passion.
Many thanks to Aaron for taking time out to chat with us, you can view more of his work on his website at www.storry.co.uk